Time management is a challenge for everyone, but it is a particularly daunting challenge for middle and high school students. There is an expectation that at their age they should be independent and know how to get things done on their own. But teens are busier than ever. Between homework, school, afterschool activities, family, friends, jobs, and more, teens often find that their time is truly NOT their own. Add in the fact that they often lack the tools to manage their time; maybe it’s a little unrealistic for parents to expect their teenagers to instinctively know how to manage time.
“What’s the Deal with Teens and Time Management” takes parents step-by-step through the basics of teaching their teens the time management skills they need to succeed—at school, at work and in life! This is a user-friendly guide full of best practice solutions for helping teens stay on top of their homework, avoid procrastination traps, get out the door in the morning with minimal conflict and manage the use of their electronics.
In a readable, breezy and witty fashion, Josel opens the door to the world of time management, what it really means, why it’s important and why your teen probably doesn’t “get it.” And throughout the book, Josel offers up the “Triple Ts” – her tried and true Tips, Tools and Techniques – to provide support and guidance for parents looking to help their teens understand, develop and implement time management skills.
In this book, you’ll learn:
• The FIVE mindsets parents need to start their teen on the journey of time management awareness.
• How to create a “Personal Homework Profile” to better understand how your teen tackles homework.
• How to help your teen create a time sense and develop “future awareness”.
• How to pick an appropriate paper or electronic academic planner and how to properly plan their time.
• How to create a peaceful and calm morning routine to get your teen out the door in the morning without anxiety and frustration.
• Case studies, useful resources, Leslie’s straight talk and much, much more!
Time Management is a Life Skill that Doesn’t Come Naturally to Everyone. It Can be Learned.
- ISBN: 9780990889151
- Published: January 2015