The Mental Capacity Act (2005) provides health and legal professionals with an academic framework to assess and evaluate an individual’s ability to make a decision, but in practice, mental capacity assessments are often misunderstood and poorly conducted.
Grandpa on a Skateboard is a practical book for health and legal professionals that uses real-life case studies and provides clear, jargon-free guidance to simplify and explain the assessment process.
It has helped thousands of practitioners understand and improve their assessments of mental capacity. This fully updated third edition also covers ‘virtual’ assessments using video conferencing tools and how to deal with fluctuating mental capacity.
This book will:
• Cut through the jargon and clarify the assessment process
• Give you the confidence and ability to conduct robust assessments
• Show how to set the threshold of understanding that is necessary for every assessment
• Enable you to record your assessments appropriately so they stand up to legal scrutiny
• Help you achieve the optimum outcome for those in your charge
- ISBN: 9781781334850
- Pages: 160
- Published: September 2020
- Edition: 3: New Edition
- Price: £11.99