Rules of Engagement by Louise Bywater
ORGANISATIONS THAT ENGAGE AND KEEP THEIR PEOPLE THRIVE. OTHERS BARELY SURVIVE.
People are at the core of every organisation. Financial health, performance, business results, customer service, and brand reputation are in their hands. Disengaged people who leave cost millions each year in lost knowledge, lower productivity, poor service and re-hiring costs. Disengaged employees who stay can cause even more damage.
Rules of Engagement shows leaders how to build highly engaged and fiercely loyal and top performing teams.
Read this book and learn how to:
- Motivate and engage people so they become self-directed, and responsible for their results
- Understand why your people are leaving and learn how to win them back
- Stop the costly cycle of hiring and training so you can focus on the real business of leading
- Stretch your people to build capability and instill a sense of passion and purpose
- Overcome your own limiting behaviours to role model excellence
- Cultivate tomorrow’s leaders from within for long term business success
- Create a vibrant, stimulating workplace that attracts talent and commands loyalty