Have you had “the talk” yet? No, this isn’t the one you have with your kids about sex, hoping you actually know more than they do. This talk is the one adult children have with their parents about their parents’ retirement and aging and such concerns as medical proxies, healthcare and estate planning, wills, trusts, and the fact that 70% of people over age 65 will require some form of long-term care.
This book focuses on the talk and incorporates Jack Tatar’s innovative Four Keys approach to a safe retirement. By following Jack’s game plan laid out in his book, you will understand:
• What the talk is and why it’s important to have it earlier, rather than later
• How to start the talk with your parents and use talking points to keep them engaged
• What to discuss during the talk, ensuring that all the important topics and details are covered
• How to create, maintain, and review a financial plan for retirement
• The latest up-to-date information on health matters pertaining to retirees
• How to maintain a positive attitude in retirement
• How to create an effective social structure and network for retirees.
The talk is often not a single discussion, but rather something that’s ongoing and detailed. It will help create a safe retirement for your parents and peace of mind for your entire family. It will also provide adult children with the understanding they’ll need when considering their own retirement and an appreciation of the value and importance of having this talk with their own children. Like Jack’s previous books, Safe 4 Retirement: The Four Keys to a Safe Retirement and The 10 Joys of a Safe Retirement, this new book will change the way you think about retirement. The talk will bring families together so that they stay together.
- ISBN: 9780985082031
- Published: January 2013